Thursday, November 13, 2014

Classroom Websites

This week we were required to create a website (https://sites.google.com/a/slcs.us/joslin/) using Google Sites.  While this isn't my favorite website maker, it was something that I could easily picture using.  Last summer I was preparing to teach a brand-new grade, and wanted something to help communicate better with the parents.  I decided to go onto Google, since I'm known for loving all things Google, and began to create and design my own website for our classroom.  I quickly got frustrated with it, and instead went to Weebly to create my classroom site (http://msjoslinsclass.weebly.com/).  While I know that this assignment requried the use of Google, my preference is honestly Weebly.

Having a classroom website is something that parents really appreciate having.  It allows me to post updates on classroom activities, homework requirements, etc.  I also use it as a classroom blog, where the students are responsible for posting pictures to update parents on all the fun activities that we do!  Having a classroom blog takes time for updates, but it is a great communication tool!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. Very cute... The rainbow and teachers desk are really cute. The content was well thought out and the links were easy to understand. Very good job.
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete